Now, in the last 10 days or so, we spoke with another surrogate who unfortunately wasn't going to work for us. We also had another egg donor in mind prior to, but she decided she will not be donating again. In the end, we're very happy with the surrogate and the egg donor we will be working with. We know everything will work out in the end!
So I guess I can start referring to these two women by their names now. Our surrogate is Vanessa and the egg donor is Becky. Both are living in the San Diego area. So convenient, because the agency is located there and my sister is there too. So that will be nice for Vanessa, Becky, Brad and me to all have support systems in place.
Things are moving along a lot fast than I had anticipated. It looks like Brad and I will be making our first trip out San Diego at the end of the month. We're hoping to get out there on August 27th, so we can avoid Labor Day travel. That would increase the cost of everything in addition to more people traveling. So the next step is get out to the IVF clinic and go through our medical screening. Make sure all my parts work the way they are suppose to! Then we go through psychological screening, which is done over the phone, so we'll probably be back in New York for that. Then all the legal negotiations. We're thinking that'll take a good month, hopefully no more than a month and a half. If we're lucky, the legal documents will be ready by the time everyone has been cleared. Vanessa and Becky have to have medical and psychological screening, background checks and we're asking Becky to take an IQ test.
As soon as we have all the contracts in place and everyone has been cleared medically, psychologically and background checks are clean, Vanessa and Becky can start their fertility medications. I think that'll be about a one to two month long process. I'm pretty sure we're on track, and aiming for our first pregnancy attempt sometime in October, maybe beginning of November. So a summer baby. :) That will probably be my longest trip to San Diego, the pregnancy attempt. I think I have to be there for a good 5-8 days. We've already decided that we will not implant more than two embryos. We just can't risk having more than two babies. Honestly, we don't want more than one, but if we end up with two, we'll be just as happy. Probably more stressed out, but just as happy!
Tonny
No comments:
Post a Comment